MBA funding is an important factor for many admits from Africa in whether they can attend Wharton. Total 2-year Budget for 2016 admits was US$210k for a Wharton MBA and US$303k for the Wharton MBA/Lauder MA (See Wharton/Lauder MBA 1st Year Budget). Wharton is regularly ranked as #1 business school in the world, and WCA is committed to increasing admits from Africa, not only continuing to support Wharton & Lauder recruiting/admissions, but also doing what we can to support funding.
WCA MBA Scholarship for Wharton/Lauder Admits from Africa
The purpose is humble and simple: support acceptance by Admits from Africa (with financial need), by providing an incremental financial resource - every dollar, pound, naira, shilling.. counts!
- Citizen of an African country, living, and working in Africa for 4 years prior to application to Wharton/Lauder MBA Program
- Acceptance confirmed to Wharton/Lauder MBA Program by Wharton Admissions, and confirmation of financial need
- Continued Wharton enrolment throughout 1st year (condition subsequent)
Annual Scholarship Program
- Financial contribution to 1st year financial requirements of Wharton/Lauder MBA program | 1-2 Recipients as determined by Committee
- Amount varies subject to total annual Program commitments and provided to Recipient(s) in 2 disbursements for winter and spring semesters
- Program commences for Admits for 2017/2018 year
Annual Program is funded by:
- The Wharton Club of Africa representing a percentage of its annual membership dues on an ongoing basis as follows: 30% of WCA Diamond Member dues and 50% of Club Patron contributions
- Direct contributions from Wharton alumni, WCA Members, private individuals (do not have to be an alumni), and corporations
- 100% of Scholarship commitments go to Recipient(s) with WCA covering all Program administrative costs
- Annual Audited Financial Statements and Report to Club Members & Scholarship Benefactors, including list of all Scholarship Benefactors and contribution amounts. Separate bank account administered by Club’s Mauritius Administrator. All contributions to Scholarship are tax deductible
- Auditor: please see Club Professional Support
- Administrator: please see Club Professional Support
- Scholarship Oversight Committee
Scholarship Oversight Committee:
- Responsible for Candidate review, selection, and general governance oversight of Scholarship Program, including annual report to Benefactors & Club
- Chaired by Tunde Onitri WG'93, consists of WCA Members without any conflict of interest with Scholarship Administration, Candidates, et al.
- To contact Scholarship Oversight Committee please e-mail
Make a Direct Contribution Today!
Thank You! Join other Benefactors and make a tax deductible contribution from just US$500 up ... Please Contribute Here »
Scholarship Oversight Committee